It’s a new month and that means a new challenge.
This month’s challenge is the crazy effective leg exercise, the lunge.
There are many reasons why the lunge rocks as one of the greatest leg exercises of all time.
- It’s a great way to train the legs in a unilateral fashion.
- It’s fantastic for locomotion. After all, you do want strong legs to move well right?
- It trains your core and hamstrings in a very functional way.
- It requires a great degree of knee and pelvic lateral stability. This helps make anything you use your legs for more efficient as well as safer on your joints.
- They sculpt your fanny and calves to help go with your tight and toned quads.
- Lunging for distance will give you a cardio workout that’s second to none.
Like all other’s calisthenics, the lunge is a move many can do, but it takes real focus and discipline to bring it to a masterful art form.
Your challenge is 2 fold.
1- If you’re not lunging at least 2-3 times a week get started in making it a regular part of your leg training plan.
2- If you do lunge on a regular basis start to get super detailed about your technique.
You might also want to create some fun challenges for yourself.
Some examples might include:
- Jump lunges for a Tabata workout.
- Lunge the length of a soccer field or some other crazy distance.
- Lunging up stairs and see how many flights you can climbing a day, week, or month.
I’ve included the video I made on super lunges that highlight some of the details that can take your lunges to the next level.
Good luck and let me know how things go for you down below!