Must be watching the Buffalo Bills Playing in the 3rd
If you’re getting tired of the long and dull forms or cardio then I highly recommend lunging for distance.
This is a form of leg conditioning that’s a real killer on the cardio system especially when you’re doing it with front loaded lunges.
By holding onto a weight you transform this exercise into a full body movement thus greatly increasing your cardio workload.
Also when I mean lunging for distance I mean really going the distance.
I’m talking about lunging the length of an entire soccer or football field. Maybe seeing if you can lunge 1/2 of a mile or a full kilometer.
The idea is to break out of the box that is the weight room and just go until you just can’t go any further.
Some keys to keep in mind:
- Be sure to not let the weight pull your body forwards and always keep your weight 50/50 between your feet.
- Always keep the front heel on the ground.
- Don’t let your hips tilt or twist.
- Come to a full standing posture in between steps.
- Use out curve stepping for balance and control as you become fatigued.
- Keep your breathing smooth and deep. This exercise is going to really get your heart rate cranking so be sure to keep the breathing in time with your stepping.
This is a challenge for the crazy, the bold and the adventurous. If you’re looking for a real test give it a shot and let me know how you do in the comments section down below.