This quick micro workout doesn’t require any equipment, yet produces a wide variety of movements to stimulate the development of your abdominal muscles.
- Ensure your abs are tense throughout the workout. Never let them relax for even a split second.
- If you feel tension in your lower back, your abs no longer hold supportive tension. Reduce resistance or stop the exercise.
- Breathe throughout the workout, don’t hold your breath.
- Don’t put your hands under your hips when doing leg raises. That pelvic tilt is what your abs are supposed to be doing.
- Dig your heels into the floor when doing the sit-up to provide support and stability on your core.
- Straighten your arms during the Russian twist or lean back to increase the resistance.
- All exercises should be done in a smooth motion with as little jerking and momentum as possible.
- Perform for multiple sets if desired with about 20-30 seconds of rest between rounds.
- Practice each exercise for 15 seconds for beginners, 20 seconds for intermediate and 30 seconds for advanced.