I predict the next big thing in fitness will be the use of shorter, yet more frequent workouts. You might look back and think “I can’t believe we use to workout for over an hour 2-3 times a week!”
There are many reasons why daily 15-20 minute workouts might work best for you.
- Easier to fit into a busy schedule.
- Not as stressful on body and mind.
- Easier to develop “soft qualities” such as coordination, balance, and mobility.
- Increase overall activity level and calorie expenditure.
- Decrease risk of burn out and injury.
- Make you more “action ready” on a daily basis.
I’m not saying that longer workouts will become extinct. I’m just predicting that people will do more of the shorter workouts more frequently and longer ones will be done once in a while.
Check out this week’s podcast for more on the benefits of using shorter and more frequent workouts and how you can get started today.